Active File Compare is an advanced utility for the comparison and
synchronization of any text files in visual mode, it reports the
results of the comparison in two side-by-side windows on the screen,
the differing lines being marked with special color icons.
This utility is an excellent tool for comparing source code versions
since it allows you to correct the source code and also supports syntax
highlighting for the programming languages C++, C#, Java, Visual Basic,
Delphi, Object Pascal, SQL, Perl, Assembler, Fortran, Foxpro etc. and for HTML,
PHP, XML, INI and BAT files. You can also use it to manage the source
code when several independent authors make changes.
The algorithm of comparing is designed in such a way that it's always
very accurate in finding differences both in small text files and in
files with a large number of changes.
Active File Compare has its own File Manager consisting of two side by
side windows. It allows for the comparing of two folders' contents,
loading files for further work, copying files and folders etc. You can
control the list of files to be displayed in the File Manager by using
- Compares text files and folders
- The advanced and high speed comparison algorithm
- Compares the contents of two folders
- Creates the File Differences Report as a HTML file or a Unix Diff file
- Compares files which exist in Zip, Tar and GZip archive files
- Compares files side-by-side
- Highlights syntax for C++, C#, Java, Delphi, Pascal, Visual Basic, SQL, HTML, PHP, XML, Perl, Assembler, Fortran, Foxpro etc
- Highlights differences down to the level of characters
- Thumbnail View for graphical presentation of differences
- Multilingual interface
- Synchronization of fragments with differences
- Edit files and edit individual lines after comparison
- Insert selected lines from one file into other file
- Search the text
- File Manager:
- Two side-by-side windows
- File filter
- Sort by Name, Extension, Date Modified, Size
- Copy, Move, Delete and Rename files
- Zip, Tar and GZip archives support. Treats archive files as folders
- Supports Project Settings
- Supports Command Line Options
- Supports UNICODE text files
|What our users are saying:
I always register products that I actually use. Yours turned out to be more effective than the others I evaluated. Most of them "lose sync" if there are too many differences. Your program is better than most.
I have tested many other file comparators, but I prefer AFC, for:
a) file manager is effective and easy to use. The filter is fully customizable. Both sides are automatically set to the same file.
b) Is easy to see how many and where are the differences between two files looking and pointing over the left coloured ruler.
c) Sinchronize is easy and practical also.
d) I have changed my way of work. I use your AFC for made little modifications to my software modules, because I can see easily at the same time the old and the new files and compare it and check the modifications.
Ferran Yago Garcia
I chose your product over the many others I have looked for a few reasons.
1. Full of features.
2. Easy to use
3. Handles many file types
4. The price for all of the above is EXCELLENT.
Gary D. Ritter